To Team or Not to Team


I arrived at my decision about whether to work on my portfolio for AICE Media Studies independently or with a team by reading and analyzing the team articles and the articles that lean towards independently learning made me choose working with a partner. I chose to work with a partner because I knew I didn’t want to work alone and not with a whole group, so I chose the best option for me; to work with my sister. 


My experiences with the “Social Media Peer Account” was interesting. The person I chose was my classmate Raine. I analyzed her Instagram. She had images of herself, her friends and family. I think the purpose is to just show little moments in her life that mattered to her. I didn’t find any other platforms, so I don’t know of her posts were consistent, but I’d assume they are. She’s showing a story about her life and who she I. Some information that I believe is meaningful to her is her friends and family, her profile also showed she has a personal blog.  Also, the “Lost at Sea” team building activity was very self-informative. I learned that I do better on my own then with a group. I was more successful in getting similar and accurate answers that the coast guard got when I worked along rather than with a team. 


In addition, I learned much from the personality types, collaboration, and team building articles when trying to form my final choice for my working situation. For example, in the article, “Team building and group dynamics: creating and fostering a culture of teamwork requires trust, collaboration, and accountability”, it states, “It helps both team members and leaders understand how their unique group dynamic can work together to build a more effective team and achieve sustainable results.” This helped me make my decision to work with a partner because we are effective when we work together and can achieve many things together. In the article, “The effect of personality type on team performance.” it explains, “requires a high level of harmony among the team members.” This helped me form my decision to work with my sister because we have “a high level of harmony among the team members. I believe this justifies my decision because I'm most comfortable expressing my opinions and creative ideas to mpartner 


I chose Elise Houghton to be my partner for the ACIE Media Portfolio project because she's my sister and we work effectively and comfortably with each other. The articles helped my chose to have her as a partner as written above, because we can express ourselves freely and we usually come up with the same ideas eventually. Even though we are twins, we still have different opinions, creative ideas, and have different personalities though ours go together nicely. We also are perfect to work as a team because we are together and won’t have a hard time finding time to work with each other on the project. Her strengths are being creative, open, smart, and nice. Her strengths compliment my strengths because they are similar but a little different which makes working with each other and our ideas better. I’m more open and creative so I strengthen her a little more with that. She is more logical and reasonable so she can balance me out too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Review

Post-Production 2- Using InDesign